Nutrition and Dietetics
The department is staffed with efficient and dedicated dieticians in the areas of clinical nutrition, nutritional assessment, nutritional education, nutritional counseling and management of many nutrition related disorders and problems.
- Maintain good nutritional status of all patients.
- Educate patients about how diet plays a major role in the treatment of various diseases.
- Modify the daily diet pattern of patients to meet their requirement during various diseased conditions.
- Correct deficiencies especially in patients with prolonged hospital stay like cancer patients and critical care unit patients.
- Diet therapy in most instances is not a remedy in itself but is a measure which supplements or makes the medical or surgical treatment more effective.
- Efficiently co-ordinate at departmental and inter-departmental levels with all related staff to gain maximum efficiency and appropriate distribution of specific patient diets.